Thursday, May 29, 2008

Weight Loss Secrets

Survey a group of people who are overweight on why they failed and you will learn one of two things:

Either a/ They were not able to stick to a program or b/ they did lose weight but gained it back.

These two problems are faced universally by almost everyone who attempts to lose weight. Interestingly enough, both of these problems are related to human behavior more than diet or exercise programs.

The problem lies in the fact that individuals are expected to follow some fad diet and include an exercise program. This is contrary to a lifetime of ingrained habits.

In order to solve this problem it is necessary to create a complete lifestyle shift, or to create new habits. The best method for eliminating bad or old habits is to make new ones.

Everyone knows how to lose weight. The answer is to eat sensibly and to exercise. The truth is that most people don't know how to do this.

The reason for this is simple. No matter how much they diet or how motivated they are, most people don't know the secrets to losing weight and keeping it off. So, what are these secrets?

Here are some of the secrets to losing weight and keep it off.

The very first thing is to prioritize. When you set this as a goal, it should be in the forefront of your mind. Everything that you do should contribute to your goal. By the way, weight loss and improved health should be the benefits of your goal, not the goal itself. Your goal should be an improved lifestyle and new habits.

Incorporate physical activity into your daily routine. Muscle burns more calories around the clock. By getting in shape it will be easier to lose weight and to keep it off.

Fad diets will not allow you to keep the weight off. A healthy lifestyle will not only allow you to lose weight without obsessing about it, but it will keep the weight off forever.

Be sensible about what you eat. Keep your kitchen well grounded. It should contain only the foods that support your lifestyle. If you want to eat something else, go out to a restaurant and have a nice meal. If you don't diet then you don't have to cheat.

Realizing and defining the problem is half the battle. Look at the foods that you eat everyday that contribute both to your weight and health problems. Processed foods, foods with too much salt or sugar not only contribute to excess weight, they make us lethargic and moody.

There is that new advice about eating more and smaller meals. Rubbish. You will never give your digestive system a break. What you require is three, healthy meals per day. Chewing well will help you absorb more nutrition from your food and enable you to be satisfied with less.

Follow what is quickly becoming universal, the 80/20 rule. If you are careful about what you consume 80% of the time, the other 20% will be less of a problem.

Remember, losing weight and improving your health is not about dieting and going to the gym. Essentially it is your present lifestyle that got you where you are now. Transform your lifestyle and your weight loss will be effortless and the weight will stay off forever.

Sign up for our free ecourse: 10 Steps To Lose Weight Without Dieting

Kathryn Soloff is the mother of 8 children and a natural foods cook for over 30 years. She is co-publisher of where she provides additional advice, tips and hard to find information on Weight Loss.


Post a Comment

<< Home