Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Diets DO Work for Weight Loss

Its so easy to screw up your weight loss plan with a bad diet.

I know, there are too many diets, but I believe some of them work. Why can't the experts agree on just one nutrition program?"

Well, first, let me say that I believe diets DO work, and that there are so many of them because we all have such different personalities and likes and dislikes for foods, that it really shouldn't come as a huge surprise that a bunch of different diets can work.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of extreme diets. I don't think you have to restrict yourself of carbohydrates. After all, that's never going to work if you've been raised to eat an apple and a banana everyday.

You can eat apples and bananas and oranges and still lose weight. Almost all foods can be incorporated into a healthy fat loss plan.

So I'm about to give you my preferred nutrition plan. It's not extreme. It's not crazy. It's not about denying you any healthy foods. You can eat meat, carbohydrates, and healthy fats on this program.

It's really all about eating whole, natural foods. In fact, I sometimes joke that my plan should be called the "dental floss diet", because almost every food in the plan requires you to floss after eating it (apples, nuts, meat, oranges, broccoli, etc., etc.).

So live a healthy lifestyle, eat whole, natural foods, and avoid fast food. Its that easy.

After all, there's a saying in the fitness industry, "you can't out-train a bad diet", and that hold's true almost 100% of the time (and especially as you get older).

Fortunately, I also believe that good nutrition for fat loss is very simple. And here are my 5 steps to building a fast fat burning diet.

1) Find out how much you are eating now. Use fitday.com.

2) If you are not losing weight, eat less.

3) Eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, and good protein sources. No more processed foods.

4) Give yourself one treat meal per week to look forward to - not a treat day, just a treat meal.

5) Plan ahead. On Saturday or Sunday, go to the store, buy all your food, and then cook it and freeze it for the week. You will avoid bad habits this way. Identify obstacles and come up with solutions to avoid them.

That is it.

Very simple. Most people do pretty well on 1-3 and even 5, but mess up on number 4. People cheat a lot more than they admit to me. You have to be honest with what you are eating. Track it for a few days. It could be shocking.

The little things can add up to big time problems. Record your diet.

And all of this can be avoided if you follow rule #5.

Find a good eating plan and use my workouts to get results.

Get more fat burning workouts in the Turbulence Training membership site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home