Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How I Lost 25 Pounds Since Jan 1st

My New Years resolution was to lose 30 pounds by May 1st. I know I will hit that mark for sure. It has not been an easy thing to do. I did a lot of searching on the internet about diets and weight loss, only to find one scam after another. One kind of diet after the other. Weight watchers, The Atkins diet, Slim fast, Nutri System, Jenny Craig, The south Beach Diet, Lose 30 pounds in 15 days. The list is endless. The key to losing weight I found out is not through quick fixes and fancy spas, no matter how much we may enjoy them, but rather it is taking a more sensible and long-term approach.

This all started when I went to the doctor for my 6 month blood work to check my thyroid condition, my high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. When I went into the room the first thing the nurse has you do is jump on the scale. For the first time in my life I was over 200 pounds, 215 to be exact. (I am 5'-7" tall) I about flipped. It was then and there I decided to do something about it. Even the doctor mentioned something about it. So I told him I would start eating better and start exercising. Oh yeah and stop going to fast food places for lunch about four times a week. So he told me he wanted me back in three months for a check up to see how I am doing.

I decided that I would try a diet pill to get me jump started so to say. After searching the net for about four days I decided I would use the diet pill Proactol after reading tntenterprises.webs.com. Here I found a link to a research on diet pills.

I liked the fact that it is 100% all natural and no stimulants. After taking Proactol for one week I had to sinch up my belt by one notch. So i knew something was happening. Even people at work had noticed and commented that I looked like I was losing weight.

So then i decided to start an exercise program. Now mind you I am not the kind to hang out down at the local gym. First off I just do not have the time or money. I am married with two children who keep me pretty busy all day long. Plus I do work 40 hours a week. Again after searching the net for awhile I found an article about how Terrell Owens had started marketing his own home gym. I thought why would Terrell Owens be marketing a home gym. What I found out was this was no ordinary home gym. It was actually resistance bands that he was promoting. Now i was never the kind of guy that liked lifting weights. mainly because about 25 years ago I had hurt my back at work and just never have been the same since. So with my wife's permission I ordered a set of the Terrell Owens exercise bands. What I like about these work out bands is the low impact they have, no stress on my joints or ligaments. After using these now for a month along with my diet that I am on I am actually starting to get toned up. I have a lot more energy now, heck I even take the dog for a walk every day now.

I just got home from the Doctors office which is what inspired me to write this, he has taken me off my cholesterol medication, and also told me if I keep doing what it is I am doing I should be able to get off the high blood pressure pills as well.

I am just way to happy the way this has turned out. I could not have done it without the Proactol and the T.O. bands

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home