Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fasting & Exercise To Control Your Weight

Fasting and Exercise have been a simple way for me to keep my weight in control. I am 5 3 and I keep my weight around 110 lbs. I am healthy and strong at age 67.

The program:

You choose when you want to fast

1. Once a week or

2. When you have over eaten and feel stuffed.

3. When you dont like how you feel or look.

4. When you are planning on eating out and want to be able to eat and enjoy without feeling guilty.

How do you fast?

Go without breakfast and lunch try to go from dinner to dinner a 24 hours period. If you do this regularly you shouldnt have to fast more than one day at a time. I have fasted for 3 days and the most a 5-day fast but that was only when I felt I was desperate and sometimes for health cleanses. Normally I fast only one day a week or when ever I feel I need to fast. Mostly I fast just once a month for one day.

Be Careful: When you break your fast dont start making up for all of the food you didnt eat by eating more than normal and making the fast a waste.

To help you fast:

1. Drink lots of water whenever you are hungry
2. Get use to the feeling of being hungry you can get to live with it and even like it because you are in control.
3. Dont get carried away with fasting. Do it in moderation and with reason. It is not necessary to have long fasts.
4. Have the right attitude. Feel excited about how you will feel when you get to where you want to be. Dont think of fasting as denying yourself but rather being good to you.

What are the benefits of fasting along with exercise?
1. You do feel free from the control food can have on you.
2. Your mind feels clear, you think better.
3. You like yourself better.
4. You stomach shrinks so youre not as hungry after fasting.
5. Fasting takes away your craving.
6. You loose weight!
7. You look good!

Exercise:

My exercise has been running two miles every second day (about 1/2 hour) and on the other days do about 10 to 15 minutes of weight training with 5lb weights and stretching exercises.

1. Choose whatever exercise you enjoy.
2. Try to do it first thing in the morning.
3. Do it regularly at least 3-4 times a day for at least hour.
5. If you can try to do some kind of exercise each day.
6. Dont let weather stop you. If its raining, exercise in the house or wherever you are. Create an exercise program that allows you to do some kind of exercise no matter what your circumstances are.
7. Exercise until you can feel it. Get your heart rate up and perspire.

Of course, controlling your food intake is important but with this program I seem not to get out of control with my eating. I eat normally and very seldom over indulge. It seems this program helps me be in control and not to have any food addictions.

I am 67 years old and have been able to keep my weight in control with this program. It is simple. It allows you to stop weight gain before it gets a hold of you. As with all weight and exercise programs they must be done with wisdom and approval from your Doctor.

Eva Fry's mission is to help others become better and happier. She is an inspirational author, singer/songwriter/ motivational speaker and seminar leader. Eva has published three books - "YOU MUST HAVE A DREAM" -for seniors, "BE A WINNER IN LIFE"-for good kids, troubled kids and their parents. "LETTERS FROM JUVENILE HALL, KIDS HELPING KIDS" (Actual letters from kids at Juvenile Hall, intended to save other kids from destroying their lives) She invites you to use the FREE ARTICLES she has written for: at- risk kids Also FREE ARTICLES of inspiration to help meet life's challenges. http://www.evafry.com She has produced 7 Music CD's

Remember (new music for seniors), Oh What Joy Christmas The Little Things (inspirational country), I Love Living The Teachings of The Lord (Gospel/Christian) Savior of Mine (Christian) God Gave You Intelligence (for children)

Classical Style (instrumental)

Her music and books can be purchased at http://www.evafry.com Her books can also be ordered at any bookstore.

Her articles have been published, all over the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home